If you’re like most people, you’ve asked yourself if it’s worth converting all of your regular lights to LEDs? In a word, YES. They are a little more expensive, but they pay off as an investment.
- A 20 Watt LED puts out about as much light as a 100-Watt conventional lightbulb.
- LEDs don’t put out much heat, so they make it cheaper to operate your air conditioner in the summer.
- LEDs last much longer. Many LEDs have a rated life of up to 50,000 hours. This is approximately 50 times longer than a typical incandescent.
- These days, LED bulbs can screw directly into most table lamps. And there are hi-hat conversion kits which make the installation easier.
- LEDs are dimmable (you may have to change the dimmer switch).
- They come in different colors, including warm and cool white.
- LEDs come in different forms, including “tape” which works great underneath kitchen cabinets.
- They also come in a style looking like florescent tube fixtures but they’re actually LED’s (great for garages/basements/workshops).
So yes, in my opinion, it does make sense to convert.
If you are interested, all our previous newsletters are available on our website blog. Click on the following link and it will take you right to it.