Avoid some of the most common inspection issues
Here are 8 things that as an inspector I feel make sense for a seller and listing agent to be aware of when selling a house because of the potential issues they may cause. Talking about these things with your seller in advance may be beneficial. I realize this is extremely condensed and I would be happy to elaborate on any thoughts/questions you may have. Just reply to this email or give me a call.
- Roof leaks – fix it, repair or replace.
- Aluminum wires – hire an electrician. Repair if needed (pig-tail).
- Possible Asbestos – consult with a removal contractor. Depending on type, do nothing, encapsulate, or remove.
- Mold- remove it, get a dehumidifier.
- In-ground oil tank – convert to gas, and/or abandon tank. Or disclose in advance.
- Basement water leaks – fix it. Check gutters and leaders, get a water proofing contractor if needed.
- Old HVAC – consider updating, or disclosing upfront, or do nothing.
- Get a termite inspection and annual contract/guarantee. Treat if needed.
Please feel free to respond back with any thoughts or questions on any of these items. Let’s talk!
For more related information click on this link: https://safeharborinspections.com/